Saturday 18 November 2017


WHEN SORRY DOESN’T COUNT

I love spending as much time as possible with the kids over the weekend. So I decided to take my daughters and my nieces and a nephew swimming at one of the popular hotels in town.

All the 5 kids were excited about the day out and so rushed to the bathrooms to change as soon as we got to the health club. I went in to help my 2year old daughter change as I was sure she will ask to get into the water. The older kids run out one after the other as soon as they were done dressing up leaving me in the changing room. When the little one was done dressing up, we walked out to join the rest in the pool.

What met my eyes caused a terrible adrenaline rush. Some people were bringing down party lights from a previous event and the lights which were running across the pool were dropping into the swimming pool water.

Oh my God, get out of the water, I shouted, seeing all our kids in the pool with a coach who did not seem to have thought about the potential risk. I didn’t want to know whether they had switched off the main switch or they were confident that the lines of lights did not have any possible area of power leakage. All I knew is that anything can happen and all I will hear is sorry.

How can someone fail to take such basic precaution? I was annoyed. What shocked me even more was noticing that after keeping the kids out of the water for almost 5minutes to wait for these service providers to finish their work. The service providers disappeared to do I don’t know what leaving the one side of the party lights hanging in the pool. There was clearly no urgency and no thought put into what they were doing.

Thank you God for protecting your people even when we do the dumbest of things sometimes. I just can’t get over it.
Father, I thank you for watching over us and our children. I thank you Lord that the children had fun today and no harm or scheme of the evil one came near them. I pray father that we shall continue to bask in your goodness and protection all the days of our lives. May you give all parents and child caretakers wisdom to care and watch over the children that you entrust us with. In Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment